Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dang! Double Dang!

There was poop in my underwear today, and it wasn't mine.  I'm fairly sure what happened to me today has never happened to anyone else in the history of parenting, but you never know. Bizarre incidents take place every day, and when you are a mother, they often involve your kid's poop.  So here's how it all went down.  

This morning, since today is Saturday, Veronica took a shower with me.  Rex was in the bathroom too, because he is in the bathroom every time I shower. There is no special Saturday-only rule for him because he is small and less annoying, since he doesn't demand to actually be in the shower with me.  He doesn't hog my spray or pee on my feet.  He's also less impressed by cartoons than Veronica, which is how she stays busy on most mornings while Rex and I are in the bathroom.

Today there was a pretty sizable traffic jam in the bathroom.  Rex was on the floor, and since he can roll over now I have to put him on a much larger blanket.  It takes up a lot of space.  Also on the floor was a stack of my clothes, a stack of Rex's clothes, a pile of extra towels and of course, Veronica's leotard and tutu, which is the only thing she will wear right now. It's safe to say the floor was covered with stuff.  Five minutes after Veronica got into the shower with me, she sang out, "I have to go poo-poo!" 

Of course.

Because this happens a lot, and because I had no desire to have her both pee and poop on my feet, I helped her out of the shower.  Draped in a towel and hunched over like a little old woman, she scuttled across the room, dripping on everything in her path, including Rex.  When she hopped up on the potty, Rex let out a huge squeal of delight - I assumed he was happy, because he loves to watch his sister do anything.

When the shower was over, it was time for all of us to get dressed.  I grabbed my stack of clothes from the floor and started to step into my undies, when lo and behold - Dang!  Double dang!  Shee-it.  

My underwear was covered, coated, with yellow baby shit.  My baby has added projectile pooping to his list of new talents.  That must have been why he was squealing with delight. Next time I will move my clothes pile as far away from his talented bottom as possible.  Maybe I'll need to leave it in the hallway.  


No comments:

Post a Comment